PSYCAMORE PSYCHIATRIC SERVICES
A licensed, private, freestanding psychiatric intensive treatment program for highly functional individuals suffering from serious mental disorders, resulting in psychosocial, work, or school impairments.
We strive to:
Provide comprehensive treatment of major psychiatric disorders with emphasis on psychotherapy and specializing in anxiety and depression treatment, as well as treatment of other mood disorders.
Offer a structured and organized therapy program with schedules meant to meet the needs of the patient.
Create the same intensive treatment of an inpatient hospital without the confinement.
Encourage the mobility and freedom to maintain home/social life, daily routines, and work/school schedules.
Present a less costly and less stigmatizing alternative to inpatient hospitalization, and is more effective in the long run.
Facilitate long term recovery by addressing grief/loss, trauma/abuse, family dysfunction, and unhealthy behaviors.
Anxiety, Depression & Trauma Therapy Jackson, Southaven, Biloxi Mississippi
Psycamore offers both an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) and a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) for our valued patients.
The Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) is defined as “a time-limited, ambulatory, active treatment program that offers therapeutic all intensive, coordinated, and structured clinical services within a stable therapeutic milieu.”
It is an alternative to inpatient hospitalization and combines the best facets of inpatient care (structure and intense care) with the best of outpatient care (scheduling flexibility and lower costs). It requires services to be provided at a minimum of 20 hours per week. Our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) requires a minimum of 12 per week.
Treatments may be arranged for the day, evening, or night, within the framework of the recommended minimum of hours per week, allowing patients the mobility and freedom to maintain home and social life and daily routines, while also maintaining work or school schedules. Best and longer-lasting results are achieved with a treatment duration of at least six to eight weeks.
Who We Serve
We provide programs for:
We offer services to everyone and many of our patients are referred by:
- Juvenile Court
- Department Of Children’s Services
- Urgent Care
- Aids Clinics
- Obgyn Offices
- Residential Treatment Centers
- EMTS/First Responders
- Infertility/Fertility Centers
How We Help
The services we provide in our Partial Hospitalization Program and our Intensive Outpatient Program include:
- Mental Health Screening
- Medical Monitoring
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Family & Couples Therapy
- Family Support
- Parenting Group
- Dr. Sudhakar Madakasira, a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry and a Board Certified Psychiatrist founded the Psycamore’s Adult Program in November 2001, in order to serve adults who don’t want or need psychiatric hospitalization.
- In 2004 the Adolescent Program was added and in September 2005, Psycamore moved into its expanded and current location in Flowood, MS.
- An Employee Assistance Program was added in 2008, and in December 2008, a new location was opened in Southaven, MS.
- A Parenting Program and a Child Program were started in 2011 in the Flowood location and an MS Gulf Coast location was opened in February of 2012 in Biloxi, MS.
- Hundreds of adults and adolescents have been admitted into different psychiatric programs since Psycamore’s inception. Adults have consisted of lawyers, physicians, nurses, pharmacists, executives, as well as individuals in governmental, business, and manufacturing fields. Adolescents come from both public and private high schools.